Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Summer Break - Week One

Summer break has arrived and so far so good. I went to the beach this past Friday, Saturday, and came back Sunday. I went with a friend from my previous school that I play monthly bunco with and have not been around that much on a more personal level. We had a great time it seemed and I say it like that because of course I can really only speak for myself. Just being on the beach, hearing the waves, and smelling the salt air was so wonderful. I can definitely say that I could feel the calmness settling over me and what a great way to start summer break. I would like to make that a tradition. My friend and I talked about getting some more girls to go with us next time. It would be cheaper and also most likely more fun. We didn't do a lot - just layed on the beach and went out to eat. We did walk around the shops after eating on Saturday evening. The only bad thing is that we both got sunburned. Both of us wore sunscreen (except that I didn't on my face) and even hats! But we stayed out on the beach the biggest part of the day. I have got to not do that again. I must remember to get a bigger hat and/or wear more sunscreen, get under an umbrella, or all of the above. I look pretty bad. My face is still very red and is now peeling. Not a nice site. Don't know that I will have a nice tan even after everything gets settled down. Plus I think it makes me look older and I definitely don't want that. Anyway besides the burns, it was alot of fun.

I am going back to the beach in July with the same friend and about 8 other friends that I play bunco with every month. This arranged trip will be a first and I hope it is a big success as I have always wanted to go to the beach with a bunch of friends. I have gone with a couple of friends but never a large group. The friends that started this little adventure have reserved a condo with many bedrooms for us and it all looks simply mahvalous dahling.

The hotel that we stayed at this past weekend was from cheaphotels.com but was actually pretty nice. Small but that didn't matter to us at all since there were only 2 of us and we weren't in the room except to sleep. There was only one problem that I found in my bed. When I went to sleep that night I could feel a large wet spot when I got under the sheets. You couldn't feel it on the comforter or even the blanket. There was no icky odor at all just some kind of strong disinfectant smell and I kept sticking my nose down to the spot trying to figure out what it was. My friend was laughing hysterically at me because I kept doing it over and over while realizing that the disinfectant was there for a reason. I hate to even imagine what it might have been and I definitely shouldn't have had my face near it. The reason for that I believe was one rather large Pina Cola from Pineapple Willys. So I slept on top of the blanket instead of under the sheet and it was okay. The price for the hotel was really good so I endured it but hopefully that problem will not ever happen again.

So I have already had an adventure this summer break and there are many more days still left so therefore many adventures yet to come. I think it is going to be a great summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment